Saturday, February 23, 2013

SS2013. what I'm wearing, and therefore you should not wear.

hello all.

as you know (mainly because the 3 of you that read this are my girlfriends) my fashion choices are ubs personal and therefore I don't follow trends as much as most. (also, most trends are heinous. sheer with shorts? come on you look like a white trash wedding guest) 

I prefer to pick items that I deem "classic". to me, this means that they fall in line with the style I've had since I was 18.  (before that was a nightmare). for EXAMPLE- men's sweats? classic. beat up old ratty t shirts? classic. capes? claaaaaassic.

if you were to take a photo of me and my girlfriends on any given friday or saturday social gathering you would see what i mean. they all look super polished and fabulous (i love to style them) and i am dressed in dirty denim and a calvin cape. you can circle me in any photograph like a highlights magazine. 

for ss13 i've decided to map out the odd things i will be pulling from my collection to perfectly creep out any dude at the bar. 


1. skinny overalls. they are so weird that i must own them. i might pair them with a skull themed blouse (i own like 200) or a mens white v neck t shirt. low key baubles. for gods sake, roll the legs up a little. 

2. like i said before, skulls. i love them, they go on my fashion 'do' list every season, every year. 

3. frilly/puffy... ok puffy shorts. i think they are so interesting. puffy fucking shorts. if they are jazzy enough to wear with heels, i think they would go well with a ratty old concert t shirt and necklaces. really confuse people.

4. neon accessories. this is pretty basic. like a billion people are doing neon right now. but a well placed pile of neon necklaces (either in the same shape and different colors, or different shapes and the same color)  will make a whole outfit pop... pair it with.....

5. WHITE! all white. top to tails. so weird. i will be wearing this.

6.  drapey-capey- anything. but do it in light layers and in expensive fabric.

7. if it looked like a body was dismembered on it, i'm in.


thats all, folks! please leave your own suggestions on what you will be wearing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment